Monday, November 7, 2011

The Sixth Sense

I'm pretty sure all of you mommy's know about the sixth sense that babies seem to have. They can sense the very exact moment you start trying to accomplish something... and they prevent it from getting accomplished. I'm just now learning all these things because I've only been a mommy for 2 months.

I'll feed Kinlee a bottle, play with her for about 45 minutes to an hour then put her into her swing (by the way, the swing is the BEST baby gadget ever!). She dozes off like usual and as soon as I leave the room to do ANYTHING (pee, shower, sweep, etc) BOOM! She starts fussing. Some of you may not aggree with me on this, but if it's not an all out cry, I don't even mess with her. I let her fuss a little until she REALLY starts crying. At first, I would tend to her EVERY whine, grunt, etc but I quickly learned I would get NOTHING done EVER if I continued to do this.

I'm actually really shocked she has left me alone long enough to write this...

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your bundle of joy. You are absolutely right about the baby's sixth sense. Am following you back .Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Babies have "the sixth sense".
    My son would do the same things when he was a baby! It's so exhausting. In a few months things will be a little better though!

    Monkeyseemommydo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swing. Best invention ever! Both kids loved it and so did I.
    It's funny how they have their own special language.
    BTW, I am passing on to you the Liebster blog award. Check out my blog:)
    You have a cool new blog here.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby swings and rechargeable batteries are awesome!

    Regina, The Crazy Nuts Mom
    following from MBC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand this! I have two girls seven and 10 months and I wish I could tell you this goes away but it doesn't,lol. My seven year old always waits until I sit down to ask me for something so I learned to ask before I sit to relax :) It does get easier to adapt to though. Congrats on your new baby! Such a blessing it is to be a mommy!

    ReplyDelete